We've compiled a list of the top boats priced under $50,000 with the majority of the boats priced between $30k to $50k.
Vessels on this list include great sailboats for sailing, deck boats for cruising and enjoying watersports on the water, houseboats for living in, fishing boats for enjoying fishing trips, speedboats for waterskiing and enjoying boating activities and yachts for enjoying a luxurious boating experience.
The best boats under $50k include:
- Yachts: Mainship 40 Sedan Bridge, Sea Ray 340 Express Cruiser
- Sailboats: Island Packet 31, Islander 36
- Deck Boats: Tahoe 2150, Bayliner Element E21
- Houseboats: Gibson 42, Myacht Houseboat 46x15
- Fishing Boats: SeaArk Big Easy
- Speedboats: Baja 420, Fountain 32 Fever
- Pontoons: Bennington 2550 GSR, AquaPatio AP 259 CBD
The majority of these vessels come with an option for boat financing too.
Best Yachts Under $50k
Below are the top yachts priced under $50,000.
These yachts can be purchased using boat finance options depending on a buyer's credit score.
These yachts are great for cruising, watersports, fishing and partying on the water with friends and family.
Mainship 40 Sedan Bridge
A top yacht that can be purchased for under $50,000 is the 40ft Mainship Sedan Bridge motor yacht.
The prices of these motor yachts vary quite a lot but a buyer can find a pre-owned Mainship 40 Sedan Bridge between the years 1992 to 1998 for between $37,000 and $50,000.
The Mainship 40 Sedan Bridge was originally manufactured by the Mainship brand.
However, the Mainship brand was acquired by Marlow Pilot in 2012.
This yacht can be used for cruising, fishing, partying onboard or watersports.
Mainship 40 Sedan Bridge Specifications
What Makes The Mainship 40 Sedan Bridge A Great Yacht Under $50k?
A Mainship 40 Sedan Bridge is a great yacht because:
- It has plenty of space: The 40ft yacht comes with plenty of space to lounge in the cockpit, on the deck or in the galley
- It comes with many amenities: The Mainship 40 Sedan Bridge has a kitchen, oven, microwave, refrigerator, a table, interior and exterior seating, TVs, GPS, chart plotter, depth finder, bimini top, winter covers, radio, stereo, cabin with double bed, toilet and shower
- It has multiple use cases: This yacht can be used for multiple activities and some boaters even choose to live full-time onboard these yachts. Boaters can enjoy fishing trips or enjoy a cruise along the waterfront or coastal areas
- It is fast: This yacht has a max top speed of approximately 20knots with a cruising speed of 15 knots which is fast for thrill-seeking boaters
Sea Ray 340 Express Cruiser
Another top yacht under $50,000 is the 35ft Sea Ray 340 Express Cruiser.
The Sea Ray 340 Express Cruiser is manufactured by the Sea Ray boat brand.
It is mainly used for cruising, partying onboard and staying overnight onboard.
Buyers can find this yacht for sale within the $50k budget with boats registered between 1985 and 1989.
This yacht is typically powered by two inboard Mercruiser engines, both outputting 340hp each.
Sea Ray 340 Express Cruiser Specifications
What Makes The Sea Ray 340 Express Cruiser A Great Yacht Under $50k?
A Sea Ray 340 Express Cruiser is a great yacht because:
- It's an affordable yacht: A buyer can find many of these yachts for sale for a price well below $50k, usually around $35,000 for a good quality pre-owned one registered between 1985 and 1989
- It has a lot of power: The Sea Ray 340 Express Cruiser has two powerful engines with each having 340hp
- It has a lot of features and amenities: This yacht comes with a cabin, kitchen with stove oven, microwave, refrigerator, double bed, toilet, shower, tvs, audio speakers, electric bilge pump, storage, sink, table, seating, cockpit, compass, GPS, deck area and deck seating
- It can be used for multiple activities: The Sea Ray 340 Express Cruiser can be used for multiple activities like watersports, swimming, scuba diving, cruising and fishing
Best Sailboats Under $50k
Below are the top sailboats priced under $50,000.
These sailboats can be purchased using boat finance options depending on a buyer's credit score.
These sailboats are great for sailing, enjoying sailing trips with family and friends and even living onboard.
Island Packet 31
A top sailboat under $50,000 is the 31ft Island Packet 31.
The Island Packet 31 was designed by naval architect Robert K. Johnson and built by Island Packet Yachts.
The Island Packet 31 was first built in 1981 and the last built one was in 1989.
The main salon onboard will comfortably seat a group for dining or with the table folded against the bulkhead makes an inviting living room atmosphere.
These sailing boats can be purchased as pre-owned within a price range under $50k.
Island Packet 31 Specifications
What Makes The Island Packet 31 A Great Sailboat Under $50k?
An Island Packet 31 is a great sailboat because:
- It has plenty of space: The 31ft sailboat typically comes with 1 or 2 cabins capable of sleeping 7 people with both single berth and double berths onboard
- It is designed as a liveaboard: This sailing boat is designed for people wanting to live onboard with cabins, a kitchen, toilet, shower, heaters, electric appliances, tables and seating to accommodate every passenger and owner
- It offers many features: This sailboat comes with many features including a wheel autopilot, chart plotter, stereo, solar panels, microwave, tv, freshwater hand pump, AC 110v, compass etc. Most of these features were added on by current owners after the boat was built and come with the majority of the pre-owned ones currently for sale
Another great sailboat under $50,000 is the 36ft cruiser Islander 36, also known as "I36".
The Islander 36 was designed by boat designer Alan Gurney and built by Islander Yachts.
The first Islander 36 was built in 1971 with the last one built in 1986. This means that buyers can only purchase this sailboat pre-owned.
These sailboats were fitted with various different engine brands including Palmer, Perkins, Pathfinder, Yanmar, Westerbeke or Universal Atomic.
Islander 36 Specifications
What Makes The Islander 36 A Great Sailboat Under $50k?
An Islander 36 is a great sailboat because:
- It's an affordable sailboat: The majority of the Islander 36 sailboats are priced between $25k and $35k making them an affordable vessel that most buyers can afford
- It can be used as a liveaboard: Owners can choose to live onboard these sailing boats with all the features need for living onboard including a kitchen, compact functional galley, table and lounge area, shower, toilet, beds and heating
- It comes with plenty of features: The Islander 36 offers many features including VHF radio, chart plotter, gps, compass, anchors, microwaves, stove/oven, refrigerator, bimini, solar panels, electric bilge pump, teak cockpit table, navigation lights, winter boat covers, docking lights, fresh water cooling system etc.
Best Deck Boats Under $50K
Deck boats are popular boat used to enjoy the water.
The deck boat can be used to sunbathe on a large deck and enjoy the sun.
Below are some of the best deck boats under $50,000 on the market.
A top deck boat under $50k is the 21ft Tahoe 2150.
The Tahoe 2150 is manufactured by the Tahoe Boat brand.
This deck boat is mainly used for cruising, watersports, fishing and sunbathing on the deck.
Depending on the specification and package, a standard version of the Tahoe 2150 deck boat can be purchased brand new for approximately $46k.
More features and amenities will push the price over $50k.
The Tahoe 2150 boat comes with a four-stroke 150hp Mercury engine to a four-stroke 225hp Mercury engine.
Tahoe 2150 Specifications
What Makes The Tahoe 2150 A Top Deck Boat Under $50k?
The Tahoe 2150 is a great deck boat because:
- It comes with a towing trailer: Buying a brand new Tahoe 2150 deck boat comes with a towing trailer as part of the price which makes it easier for boat owners to tow their deck boat to and from the water
- It comes with a 1-5 year warranty: When buying the Tahoe 2150 brand new, buyers are offered a warranty of between 1 to 5 years depending on where it is purchased
- It comes with various upgrade packages: Buyers can choose from multiple upgrade options to kit out their deck boat for specific use cases including a fishing package upgrade or a performance package upgrade etc.
- There are many amenities and features onboard: The Tahoe 2150 offers many features including fire extinguishers, tilt hydraulic steering, bluetooth stereo, cell phone holders, color-matched bimini top, aft 4-step boarding ladder, navigation lights with bow LED lights & removable stern light, LED interior lights, 12v outlets, 1,000 gph bilge pump, adjustable driver seat, passenger seats, large deck area, ski tow storage, general storage area and port refreshment center with drained sink, pull-out sprayer & freshwater on demand
Bayliner Element E21
Another top deck boat under $50k is the 21ft Bayliner Element E21.
The Bayliner Element is manufactured by Bayliner.
This deck boat is mainly used for watersports like water skiing, fishing, cruising and sunbathing and partying on the water.
A standard spec brand new Bayliner Element E21 can be purchased for approximately $48,000 with pre-owned ones costing around $35,000.
Higher spec brand new Bayliner Element E21 deck boats cost over $50k.
These deck boats come with a 4-stroke Mercury outboard motor.
Bayliner Element E5 Specifications
What Makes The Bayliner Element E21 A Great Deck Boat Under $50k?
The Bayliner Element E21 is a great deck boat because:
- It comes with a 1 - 4 year warranty: Depending on where the deck boat is purchased, a 1 to 4 year warranty is offered for added peace of mind. It also may come with a lifetime hull warranty
- It comes with many features: This vessel comes with a sound system, waterproof am/fm stereo with bluetooth, a cooler, ski tow pylon, digital depth indicator, 500 gph bilge pump, cockpit table, deep freeboard and high gunnels keep passengers and gear secure, storage space, seating for 10 passengers, driver reversible seat, bow rail, compass, port and starboard swim boards with a ladder and a patent-pending M-Hull™ design that drastically improves stability while on plane
- It comes in various packages: Boaters can choose between different packages like a fishing package or a sports package so buyers can choose from different options
Best Houseboats Under $50k
Houseboats are a popular option for people looking to live on the water.
Houseboats are some of the best boats with cabins under $50k.
The 42ft Gibson 42 is a top houseboat under $50,000.
The Gibson 42 standard is a houseboat manufactured by Gibson Boats.
These houseboats can only be purchased pre-owned as they are no longer built today.
The majority of the Gibson 42 houseboats that are for sale are houseboats registered in the years 1973 to 1987.
Prices for this houseboat range from $30,000 to $50,000.
These houseboats are used as a place to live for the majority of owners as there are typically 1 to 3 cabins onboard depending on the year and spec.
They are powered by two engines, either an inboard Volvo engine or an inboard Chrysler engine between 200hp and 250hp.
Gibson 42 Specifications
What Makes The Gibson 42 A Great Houseboat Under $50k?
The Gibson 42 is a great houseboat because:
- It is spacious with all the amenities needed to live onboard: This houseboat comes with a kitchen, shower, toilet, full galley, dual helm stations, marine head, oven, refrigerator, single and double beds, dining area, table, seating, heating, air-con, electric bilge pump, sea water pump, three decks for entertaining, electronics, interior and exterior lighting
- It is a cheap alternative to owning a house: This houseboat price ranges from $30k to $50k which is substantially cheaper than owning a house
- Boat financing is competitive: These houseboats can be purchased through boat financing (depending on a buyer's credit history). The payments terms tend to be favorable for houseboats compared to a mortgage
Myacht Houseboat 46x15
The 46ft Myacht 46x15 is another top houseboat under $50,000.
The majority of these houseboats are sold as timeshares but they can also be purchased outright.
They are not built brand new anymore so they can only be purchased pre-owned.
The majority of the Myacht 46x15 houseboats are priced between $40,000 and $50,000.
These houseboats are used as timeshares for vacations and they are also used as liveaboards where buyers live onboard them.
These houseboats are typically powered by 2 Mercury 60hp engines.
The max recommended horsepower of both engines combined is 230hp.
Myacht Houseboat 46x15 Specifications
What Makes The Myacht Houseboat 46x15 A Great Houseboat Under $50k?
The Myacht 46x15 is a great houseboat because:
- It has multiple use cases: The Myacht 46x15 houseboat is used for timeshares where people can vacation on one or as a liveaboard where people can live onboard these houseboats
- It comes with many amenities: The Myacht 46x15 comes with air-con, kitchen, toilet, shower, both single and double beds, oven, microwave, dining area with tables and chairs, deck area for lounging on, heating, hot water, refrigerator, cockpit speakers, compass and a VHF radio
- Boat financing options are great: Depending on the credit history of the buyer, the boat financing options available are great when buying this houseboat
Best Fishing Boats Under $50k
A top fishing boat means boaters can enjoy fishing trips with friends and families.
Below are the top fishing boats under $50,000.
SeaArk Big Easy
The 24ft SeaArk Big Easy is a great fishing boat that is priced pre-owned under $50,000.
Buyers will not find a brand new SeaArk Big Easy within budget.
The SeaArk Big Easy is manufactured by SeaArk Boats and it is one of the most popular boats sold by the boat manufacturer.
SeaArk Big Easy boats registered between 2017 to 2019 typically cost between $38,000 and $50,000.
These boats are primarily used as fishing boats as the aluminum boats provide stability for anglers.
They are also used for water skiing and watersports activities.
They are powered by a 200hp 4-stroke outboard Suzuki or Mercury engine.
The 15° V-Hull gives you a smooth ride in the heavy choppy water to ensure a comfortable day on the waters.
The SeaArk BigEasy is all aluminum floors & decks and has a weight capacity of 2,530lbs.
SeaArk Big Easy Specifications
What Makes The SeaArk Big Easy A Great Fishing Boat Under $50k?
The SeaArk Big Easy is a great fishing boat because:
- It has plenty of space for fishing trips: This vessel comes with a large rear fishing deck with 2 storage boxes, lots of rod & bait storage including a rear seat box with storage, two 6.5' lounge seats with storage, rod storage in bench seat and enough space to carry up to 12 passengers
- It has many features for fishing trips: The boat has a large 25-gallon bow livewell, 60-gallon aerated livewell, radio with bluetooth & 4 speakers, 10 drink holders, 2 fold down fishing seats with pedestals, fishing rod holders, LED courtesy light on console, hydraulic steering, auto bilge pump, bow tilt trim switch, oversized extruded caprail with accessory track & rub rail and a removable snack tray
- It can come with towing trailer: Many of the pre-owned SeaArk Big easy boats for sale come with the towing trailer included in the price which is a huge benefit and cost saving
- It can handle rough waters well: The strong aluminum build and 15° v-hull means it can handle rough waters with ease
Best Speedboats Under $50k
Speedboats are fun boats where boaters can travel on the water at speed.
They are great for doing watersport activities like waterskiing or paragliding.
The 42ft Baja 420 is a high-performance speedboat that can be purchased pre-owned for under $50,000.
These speedboats are only within budget with Baja 420 vessels registered between 1990 - 1992.
The Baja 420 is a speedboat manufactured by Baja Marine.
The boat is primarily used for racing, watersports and traveling at speed on the water.
The boat has a top speed of 62mph and is typically powered by three 350hp to 600 hp engines.
Baja 420 Specifications
What Makes The Baja 420 A Great Speedboat Under $50k?
The Baja 420 is a great speedboat because:
- It is very powerful: The Baja 420 comes with 3 engines with the power of each engine between 350 - 600hp which makes for fast speeds on the water
- It comes with many amenities: The Baja 420 comes with 3 engines, seating for 9 passengers, sink, toilet, shower, bed for 2 people, air con, tv, stereo, refrigerator, deck space, storage, fresh water tanks, LED interior and exterior lights, cockpit cover and a swim platform
- Most of these boats come with a towing trailer: The majority of the used Baja 420 speedboats come with a towing trailer included in the price which is a great benefit as buyers will not need to purchase a brand new trailer on top of the cost of the boat
- It can be used for multiple activities: This speedboat can be used for watersports, waterskiing, overnight stays and partying on the water so there are plenty of options available for owners of this powerboat
Fountain 32 Fever
Another top high-performance speedboat that can be purchased pre-owned for under $50,000 is the 32ft Fountain 32 Fever.
The Fountain 32 Fever speedboat is a boat manufactured by the brand Fountain.
The majority of these speedboats are within budget for Fountain 32 Fever's registered between the years of 1997- 2000.
The Fountain 32 Fever has a top speed of 73-75 knots.
It is powered by two Mercury engines with each engine having a horsepower range of 350-600hp each.
Fountain 32 Fever Specifications
What Makes The Fountain 32 Fever A Great Speedboat Boat Under $50k?
The Fountain 32 Fever is a great speedboat because:
- Many of these boats come with 4 to 6 year hull warranty: Many of the pre-owned Fountain Fever 32 boats come with a hull warranty of 4 to 6 years for added peace of mind
- It comes with many amenities: This speedboat comes with stereo, VHF radio, GPS, bluetooth audio, storage, below deck lounge, depthsounder, chart plotter, compass, cockpit speakers, electric bilge pump, 2 single berths, swimming platform, sink and a cockpit cover
- Many used Fountain 32 Fever boats come with a towing trailer: Many of these used speedboats come with a towing trailer as part of the price which is a big cost saving
Best Pontoon Boats Under $50k
Pontoons are a very popular boating option for both families and those that enjoy partying on the water.
There are a lot of brand new and pre-owned pontoons under $50k to choose from.
Bennington 2550 GSR
The 27ft Bennington 2550 GSR is a top pontoon boat that can be purchased pre-owned for under $50,000.
The Bennington 2550 GSR is a pontoon manufactured by the pontoon manufacturer Bennington.
It is part of Bennington's G series pontoons.
The majority of these pontoons registered between 2015 to 2019 can be purchased within the budget.
The Bennington 2550 GSR is powered by a 4-stroke outboard 115 horsepower to 250hp Yamaha or Mercury engine.
Bennington 2550 GSR Specifications
What Makes The Bennington 2550 GSR A Great Pontoon Boat Under $50k?
The Bennington 2550 GSR is a great pontoon boat because:
- It can be used for multiple activities: These pontoons can be used for cruising, watersports, fishing or partying
- They are spacious: The Bennington 2550 GSR is 27ft with seating and space for 12 to 13 passengers
- It comes with many amenities: It comes with multiple seating, lockable storage, cup holders, a fiberglass console, fire extinguisher, kicker bluetooth speakers, coolers, pontoon cover, aft marine tuff-ply vinyl floor, and helm courtesy lights
AquaPatio AP 259 CBD
Another top pontoon boat that can be purchased pre-owned for under $50,00 is the 26.1ft AquaPatio AP 259 CBD.
The AquaPatio AP 259 CBD is manufactured by the brand Godfrey Pontoon Boats.
This pontoon is used mainly for entertaining, partying, fishing and family cruising.
The AquaPatio AP 259 can be purchased pre-owned for between $40k -$50k for pontoons registered between 2015 -2019.
It is typically powered by a 115hp outboard motor but can also have custom engines with power ranging from 150hp to 425hp.
AquaPatio AP 259 CBD Specifications
What Makes The AquaPatio AP 259 CBD A Great Pontoon Boat Under $50k?
The AquaPatio AP 259 CBD is a great pontoon boat because:
- It comes with plenty of amenities: It comes with a full entertainment center featuring grill master, bar top with cup holders and adjustable bar stools, 2 biminis, snap-on cover, safety barrier gate, ski locker, removable table, hook depth sounder, lighting package, subwoofer and a stern stereo remote
- It may come with a warranty: Depending on where it's purchased, this pontoon can come with a 1 to 4 year warranty
- It can be used for multiple water activities: This pontoon can be used for many different activities including fishing, watersports, cruising and partying on the water
What To Look For When Choosing A Boat Under $50k
Before choosing a boat under $50,000 to buy, there are a number of things to be aware of.
Check The Engine Hours
Potential buyers should check the engine hours to ensure there aren't very high hours on the clock. A higher number of hours on the clock means the engine might need to be replaced or serviced.
Check The Service Logs
Potential buyers should check the service logs of the boat they are interested in to see the service record and what is new, replaced or repaired on the boat.
Check The Overall Boat Condition
Potential buyers should check the overall condition of the boat. Both the interior and exterior of the vessel should be examined in detail to check for damage or signs of wear and tear.