Cleaning vinyl boat seats with a homemade vinyl cleaner can be a great way to remove dirt, stains, mold and mildew from the upholstery.
To create a homemade vinyl boat seat cleaner:
- Get A Spray Bottle (Over 30 Oz)
- Use 2 Oz Of White Vinegar
- Use 4 Oz Of Laundry Stain Remover Spray
- Use 3 Oz Of Dishwasher Liquid Soap
- Fill Spray Bottle With Water
- Shake Bottle To Mix Liquids
These homemade vinyl seats cleaning materials, when mixed together, will tackle and remove even the toughest of dirt and deepest stains.
1. Get A Spray Bottle (Over 30 oz)
Find an empty spray bottle and use it to mix all the cleaning materials together.
Using a spray bottle over 30 oz will:
- Ensure the cleaning materials are mixed: A bottle over 30 oz is a great way of mixing all the different homemade liquids together.
- The spray nozzle will help keep things clean: The spray nozzle helps to spray the cleaner evenly across the dirty vinyl seating. This will keep it from getting messy and also applying it evenly without a patchy look.
- Means the homemade cleaner can be reused: Storing the homemade cleaner in this bottle makes it easy to reuse when it's needed.
If you do not have a bottle at home, simply find one on Amazon or at a local store.
Use a spray bottle with over 30 oz capacity. This will mix all the homemade cleaning materials together. The spray nozzle will make it easier when applying to dirty vinyl seats.
2. Use 2 Oz Of White Vinegar
Get white vinegar and put 2 oz of it into the spray bottle.
Using white vinegar in the homemade vinyl marine seat cleaner will:
- Help remove deep stains, mold and mildew: White vinegar is acidic. This will help break down and remove even the toughest stains and dirt from the seats.
- Adds a shine: The acidity of the white vinegar removes the dirt and leaves a shine on the vinyl seats.
If you do not have any at home, you can shop for white vinegar online.
White vinegar is acidic which means it will help break down and remove deep stains and dirt from the vinyl boat seats.
3. Use 4 Oz Of Laundry Stain Remover Spray
Get a laundry stain remover spray and put 4 oz into the spray bottle.
Using a laundry stain remover spray for the homemade vinyl cleaner will:
- Help remove stains deep in the vinyl: The laundry stain remover spray will help remove the deepest stains from the vinyl.
- Add a scent to the homemade vinyl cleaner: The laundry spray will add a nice scent to the cleaner and have the seats smelling great when cleaned.
- Be kind on the vinyl material: Laundry stain remover will be kind on the vinyl seat material as they have no harsh chemicals.
If you don't have it at home, you can shop for laundry stain remover spray online.
Using laundry stain remover spray as part of a homemade vinyl seat cleaner helps remove tricky stains deep in the vinyl. It will also add a nice scent to the homemade cleaner.
4. Use 3 Oz Of Dish Washer Liquid Soap
Get dish washer liquid soap and put 3 oz into the spray bottle.
Using dish washer liquid soap in the homemade vinyl cleaner will:
- Adds a nice scent to the vinyl cleaner: The dishwashing liquid will add a nice scent to the cleaner.
- Not harm the vinyl material: The dishwashing soap will not harm the vinyl seat material.
- Remove grease from the vinyl seats: Adding dishwashing soap helps clean and remove grease from the vinyl.
If you do not have it at home, you can shop for liquid dishwashing soap online.
Dishwashing liquid soap added to the vinyl cleaner will add a nice scent. It will also help remove grease from the vinyl seats.
5. Fill Spray Bottle With Water
Once all the cleaning materials are in the bottle, fill it up with water.
Typically, use a bottle with a capacity of over 30 oz. This will ensure the cleaning liquids are diluted appropriately.
6. Shake Bottle To Mix Liquids Together
After the water is filled into the bottle, simply shake it to mix all the cleaning materials together.
This will ensure the white vinegar, dishwasher soap and laundry stain remover liquid is diluted appropriately.
It's important not to skip this step.
Once you mix all these ingredients together, the homemade vinyl boat seat cleaner is made and is ready to be used.
Simply spray the homemade cleaner onto the dirty vinyl area, let it sit for 2 - 3 minutes and then start wiping with a microfiber cloth.
This cleaner should help clean the vinyl seats, remove all dirt and have it looking like new.
It will also add a nice scent to the boat's upholstery.